Hi Kevin,
you say that your playback device is intel display audio. This is for
sending audio along a hdmi connection, so I assume that your speakers are
in or attached to your display.
If this is the case, then if you want to record "what you hear" in audacity
then in the devices section of preferences set:
1. host combo box to windows wasapi.
2. playback device combo box to intel display audio.
3. recording device combo box to intel display audio (loopback).
4. channels combo box to 2 (stereo).

David.