From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Mike O'Brien
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 11:07 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] I'm back! Outlook question.

Hi Kimsan

I use Outlook 2010, but I am assuming that the following is still true in
Outlook 2016.  When JAWS says closed or open after a folder name, it means that
there are sub-folders under that folder in addition to any items that may be in
that folder.  This can happen if a folder is imported while you're in the named
folder instead of the root folder.  Outlook's default is to import a folder
under the currently open folder.  If A folder says closed, you can press right
arrow to open the list of sub-folders and navigate through that list and open
each sub-folder to see what's inside.  However when you navigate through the
list of sub-folders, JAWS gives no indication when you reach the last
sub-folder in the list but will merrily move to the next main folder.  If you
hear opened after the folder name, you can use left arrow to close the list of
sub-folders.