From: Adrian Spratt
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 7:33 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] I E 11 changing what is filled in automatically on
web page

Miriam and Mike,

There may be some confusion here. IE11 will autocomplete URLs (website
addresses), if you want it to. It may even complete passwords, as Firefox
offers to do. But I think the username on a bank website is different. It
isn't filled in by IE, but by the website. For example, the bank that has
one of my credit cards gives me the choice of being recognized when I visit
the website or leaving it to me to fill in my username every time. Another
bank website forces me to enter the username every time, which I personally
think is a good idea with sensitive matters.

Miriam, see what happens the next time you try to log in. If your previous
username appears again, how about typing the password and seeing if you're
logged in? Otherwise, it may be worth a call to the bank's tech support
people. I ran into a similar problem with Bank of America a month or two
ago. I'm still mystified why I suddenly had the problem, and I'm equally
puzzled how it got resolved. But I needed tech support's assistance to get
things back to normal.