Mike,

Very well put, and spot on w/r the exclusion, quarantine, and list
selections. We can only hope that the message gets through.

Dave

From: "Mike B." <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: "Jaws-Users List" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2017 10:16
Subject: [JAWS-Users] MWB 1.75 & 2.2 Definitions Explained ByMWB, Update

Hi All,

Below is the reply about MWB 3.0 being accessible from MWB tech support, &
my reply back to them.

***
Lisa replied:

Hello again Mike,

I just tried Malwarebytes version 3.0.6 with Jaws version 17.0 and it is
working much better than Malwarebytes 2.2 version ever did. You might want
to install it and try it for yourself.

One warning - Jaws says 'to switch pages, press Control Tab'. You do not
need to press the Control button, just press the Tab button. Pressing the
Control button and the Tab button does nothing.

Please let me know the shortcomings you are finding with the program.

Best regards,

Lisa
Malwarebytes Customer Service

***My Reply:
Hi Lisa,

Navigating MWB 3.0 is not  the problem, but what is meant by being
accessible is doing tasks like scheduling a scan or updates, reading scan
results, telling MWB to exclude files / folders, or removing an item from
quarantine, and telling it to exclude certain items when scanning, for some
examples.  Like I say navigation is no problem for some, but it is for
others, but that is always going to be the case because there is such a vast
difference of skill sets amongst screenreader users.  It's the accessibility
that's the issue, & that's where only the more skilled / advanced users are
having some success, where the less skilled users, which is most of the
screenreader users, are having problems, so they are still using the more
accessible version of MWB 1.75.  I know different people are going to have
definitions for being able to navigate a program, & a program being
accessible, but anytime I have to work at using a program verses the program
working for me, is when I consider it not accessible for most users.  I'm
not the most skilled user, but I can get a lot of programs figured out, &
this is how I determine how accessible a program is verses being able to
navigate it.  I as well as several hundred Jaws users are very thankful that
you're taking the time, & actually using Jaws to test the program to make it
a more accessible program for the blind community because too many other
program creators just don't give a damn about us!  So, thank you thank you
very very much for your help!
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.