Hi Mike,

thanks for this information I was not able to do it this way that you have listed so I tried it this way and it worked

here is how I did it:

first  I  unselected everything  by control space bar

then I pressed the application key and arrowed down to new and then pressed enter and then arrow down to shortcut and then pressed enter then a dialogue came up and I typed control panel where it says type the location of the shortcut item and then tabbed down to okay and another dialogue came up type the name of the short cut and I put control panel in this edit field and then tabbed down to finish and pressed enter and I was done.

Re: [JAWS-Users] short cut
Hi Anna,

The easy way first.  Have you looked in your Recycle Bin to see if it's
there?  If it is, highlight / select it, open the context menu, & choose
restore.  I don't run Windows 8.1, so I can't be precise on the langueage.
Now, here's a couple of ways I found doing a search:

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-8/add-control-panel-to-desktop-in-windows-8-computer.html

Way 2: Create a shortcut for Control Panel on the desktop.

Click the File Explorer icon on the lower left corner of the desktop, choose
Desktop in the pop-up window, right-tap Control Panel and choose Create
shortcut.

Way 3: Add Control Panel icon to desktop in Desktop Icon Settings.

Step 1: On the desktop, open Settings panel with Windows+I hotkeys, and then
select Personalization in the panel.

Step 2: Click Change desktop icons in Personalization window.

Step 3: When the window of Desktop Icon Settings opens, check the small box
before Control Panel and tap OK.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.
I some how deleted my short cut on the desk top for control panel how
can I create another short cut for control panel?

I am using windows 8.1

thanks in advance

and it worked