The extra time is probably parsing the second build files.  Perhaps also a
little due to the property substitution and such.  I will eventually get to
optimizing this stuff, but I don't know how much I can really do with out
reverting to standard ant behavior.  perhaps the filters could be dropped,
or selectivly installed for properties.

My guess is the xml parsing & the project re-building that goes on in the
Ant task is what is slow, but just a guess.

--jason