Hi Jason, could you try converting to the jca version of db access and see
if the problem persists? I recently found a race condition in (the jca
versions) of the code that releases connections back to the pool after
transactions complete that was allowing several transactions to access the
same connection.  Maybe a similar bug is present in the non-jca code.  I'm
hoping to check in my "auto-converting-to-jca" XADatasourceLoader later
today, in case you don't want to try the conversion by hand. (this race fix
is only in rabbit hole).

Thanks
david jencks