Hello again, I am running into a problem with the latest JBossMQ wrt using
it to load balance across machines.

I have one machine which acts as a message router, running JBossMQ.  All
other machines use it for their JMSProvider.  When I have more than one MDB
attached to a single queue, and a user-thread adding messages over and over,
it looks like only one of the MDB's will ever read any messages.

I do not remember seeing this before.  It looks like when I startup a new
MDB that 50% of the time it will take over and the others will remain idle,
or it will simply never read any new messages.

I have each of these MDB setup with:

  <MaximumSize>1</MaximumSize>
  <MaxMessages>1</MaxMessages>

Which could be causing problem... but honestly I don't really know what
these two setting actually do.  I wanted to have these deployed MDB's to
only process one message at a time, which this seems to accomplish most of
the time.

Any ways, I am concerended about how JBossMQ is pushing messages over to
consumers.  I mentioned before that if one producer added 1k messages to a
queue, then one MDB was attached which would suck up all of the messages.
When a second MDB was attached it would not have anything todo.  Hiram
mentioned something about this, but I am not really sure what the plans were
to fix this.

I would like to get this fixed soon, as I am fairly dependent on this
behavior.

>From my perspective, there are two major issues:

 1) JBossMQ does not seem to trade off between consumers (ie. round-robin or
    whatever).

 2) JBossMQ does not have any configurable limits on how messages are pushed
    from the server to clients/consumers.

I understand why JBossMQ wants to push over bulk messages to consumers, but
that is only really useful in some applications.  In my case, I would rather
that it pushed over smallers chunks (or even 1 msg at a time) to clients so
that I could utilize the cluster of machines that I have to distribute the
processing load.

So, to the JBossMQ folks, does this sound like it would be easy to
implement?  Do you have any suggestions on how it might be done (quick fix
and full blown god JMS provider version)?  I am willing to look into this
more, but I could use some pointers on which bits need to be tweaked.

Any ideas?

--jason