I've done that a couple of times myself...;-)

Note the targets tests-unit and tests-stress... the first is reasonably
quick.  Also you can put a local.properties file in with
testsuite/build.xml with counts for the stress tests so if you just want to
see if something works... you don't wait all night.

These are my favorites ;-)
### Test properties

junit.timeout=120000
jbosstest.threadcount=2
jbosstest.iterationcount=2
jbosstest.beancount=2

I see Chris Kimpton has been having lots of trouble with his nightly run,
whereas I get much farther.  How far do you get?

david jencks