Hi Peter

[I sent this to the list - hope you don't mind - just to mix in any
other ideas]

There was some talk about the compile farm a few months back... and I
tihnk it could be a way to go... We'd just need to see if we can
automate all the work - eg cronjobs/at-jobs to automate and getting
the stuff off the box, scp all the way to a public server.

Although the biggest problem I see is that they have no Windoze
servers - which I think is where we need regular testing.

I think the tinderbox ( http://mozilla.org/projects/tinderbox/ ) (or
similar) route seems the way to go - that is, a central server for
results and then various servers for generating/submitting results.
It provides lots of info on when builds break and can highlight the
code that causes the break - from what I've read....   ;-)

This should allow practically anyone to use their dev pc as a test
machine - after you run the tests, you can submit the results to the
central server (although I maybe asking too much from tinderbox
here...)

This is what I want to look at next.

Chris