I guess I have no particular problem having the ability to put a
jboss-service.xml file in a rar, as long as we keep the ability to
configure ConnectionFactoryLoader mbeans in any *-service.xml file.

The case with external configuration is crucial for jdbc databases and the
required DefaultDS, and could be pretty useful if someone uses the same rar
in many applications.

On 2001.11.03 03:46:09 -0500 Scott M Stark wrote:

> What is the point of the ConnectionFactoryLoader as an entity
> that is coupled to the RARDeployer?

None coupled to the RARDeployer, but coupled to the rar itself, it gives
you the ability to easily add/remove more connection factories at any time
after the rar is deployed, without duplicating the rar classes or
disturbing allready functioning ConnectionFactories.
 I don't see the point of having
> trivial deployement of the RAR classes independent of the resource
> adapator configuration. For a standalone resource adaptor it is not
> so combersome to create a RAR and then configure an mbean, but
> for a RAR deployed as part of an ear this does not make sense to me.
> I think it would be more straightforward to configure the RAR deployment
> using a jboss-ra.xml descriptor as part of the RAR just as any other
> deployment unit is handled.

Did someone add the "rar in ear" already?  In this case, you can configure
the CFL in a jboss-service.xml in the ear.

BTW, what do you think of putting rar's deployed in ears on the application
classloader rather than the system classloader? Thus allowing several apps
to have incompatible versions of the same rar.

Also btw, the change in 2.4 to put the rar's into the mlet classloader made
them non-redeployable I believe.  However this is better than inaccessible.

david jencks