Applications within an ear file will only get deployed if:

1) They are referenced from an application.xml module tag (rars,ejbs,wars,
and client jars)
2) They are spcified in a META-INF / Class-Path entry of one of the the
deployed applications from step 1.  (See
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/docs/guide/jar/jar.html#JAR%20Manifest)

Have you tried step 2 above?  If so, let me know and I will try to reproduce
it.

-Larry

> It doesn't seem to be fixed. I just (18-Apr-2002 21:00 MET) compiled the
latest code from Branch_3_0 and ran into the same problems again.

> I, too, bundled struts.jar with my EAR. I could only make it work by
copying struts.jar to JBoss' lib directory.

http://jboss.org/forums/thread.jsp?forum=66&thread=13076