>>I bet you can find the source for org.omb.ORB somewhere...
>>

>Yes I did. And guess what is the difference between the Sun version and
>the IBM version of org.omg.CORBA.ORB...
>
>Sun's ORB.init:
>
>    ClassLoader cl = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
>    if (cl == null)
>        cl = ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader();
>
>    try {
>        return (ORB) Class.forName(className, true, cl).newInstance();
>    }
>

>IBM's ORB.init:
>
>    // Dont use the ContextClassLoader because it would potentially
>    // allow an untrusted applet to install the shared singleton ORB.
>    // ClassLoader cl = Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();
>
>    ClassLoader cl = ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader();
>    singleton = create_impl(className, cl);
>
>where create_impl(className, cl) does a
>
>    return (ORB) Class.forName(className, true, cl).newInstance();

Fuck... love java... love jvm vendors... write once, pray it works
everywhere... bastards.

*sigh*

>(The IBM guys commented out the TCL stuff on purpose.)
>
>What now? I cannot see no other way out... Either we require IBM users
>to say
>
>    export JBOSS_CLASSPATH=$JBOSS_HOME/lib/jacorb.jar
>
>or we hack run.sh to do it for them.

I would say file a bug on the IBM vm, then document for those users that
because IBM changed there impl that they need to do some special work.
 And perhaps show them a link to the bug report so they can bitch too.

This way we don't complicate the system for everyone else... only those
using IBM.

I really wish these classes (among others) were not in the core JRE, so
we could simply insist that they use a version that works.  Is it
possible that a different version of these classes could be put on the
jboss classpath (in lib/*) for this to work...

One day, the JRE will contain every possible buggy version of every
possible api and every different jvm vendor will fix the bugs in
non-standard ways and the entire java movement will fall flat on its
face... thanks SUN... =[

--jason