I guess my questions do not make too much sense since nobody us replying :-)
I will try to do further research.
I'd like to add two more questions (hopefully these ones make nore sense):

1) Can I create multiple cache instances (multiple MBean instance for a TreeCache) and
that they all share the same JGroups channels? If yes, is there any recommendations as
when it is better to share or not? I have the impression that the protocol stak of
JGroups is doing enough things that for a few caches without too many objects in it,
sharing the channels is better from a network traffic point of view.

2) What are the classpath requirements for the TreeCache MBean? Does it need to have
in its classpath the classes of the object that will be cached? It seems not to be the
case with JBoss but JBoss class loading is "special enough" that I do not know if it
will be the case if I do the same thing on WebSphere or WebLogic for example.
Basically, I'd like to see if I can create a J2EE application to wrap the JBossCache
Mbean in order to create and manage caches instances dynamically (create and register
new Mbeans dynamically) and have some other J2EE applications (deployed in a separate
ear) accessing this cache management app and adding new objects in a new cache
(through a session facade). On WebSphere and WebLogic, the two app are definitely not
sharing classes and I am wondering if that will work.
For example, the documentation is saying that TreeCacheAOP does not need to have
serializable classes because class instances are re-created via reflection. If this is
the case, I suppose that I need the cached object class in the classpath somewhere,
don't I?

Thanks.

Thomas

View the original post :