I'm sorry, my service is not public... but I've maked a small sample
application and I'm perceiving very strange things...

I've maked this SEI:

package sample.ws;

  | public interface SampleEndpoint extends java.rmi.Remote {
  |     public String changeSalary(UserType user, Integer amount) throws
java.rmi.RemoteException;
  | }

The implementation class:
public class SampleEndpointImpl implements SampleEndpoint {

  |     public String changeSalary(UserType user, Integer amount)
  |                     throws RemoteException {
  |             return "Hello " + user.getFirstName() + " " + user.getLastName()
  |                                 +"! Your salary is: " + amount;
  |     }
  |
  | }

I've created a sample servlet wich calls this webservice method and
displays the result string.

I've generated the wsdl in three ways (with axis Java2WSDL):
1. rpc/literal (with --style RPC)
2. document/literal (with --style DOCUMENT)
3. document/literal wrapped (with --style WRAPPED)

In every cases I get different results...

1. rpc/literal
Everything seems fine. With this method call in servlet...
                UserType user = new UserType();
  |             user.setFirstName("John");
  |             user.setLastName("Smith");
  |
  |             String info = endpoint.changeSalary(user, new Integer(5000));
...I'm getting correct result:
Hello John Smith! Your salary is: 5000

2. document/literal
In this case I'm getting the following result:
Hello John Smith! Your salary is: null

It seems all parameters except the first will be null in this case.
I think this is a bug.

3. document/literal wrapped
In this case I'm getting NullPointerExcpetion as above in my first post.
Messages in wsdl contain only one part, although my EIS method has two
parameters, but I think it's normal in wrapped style.

Unfortunately my service's wsdl belongs to the 3rd category...

I've posted a bug report contains my sample application.

Robisz

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3850502#3850502

Reply to the post :