On 6/22/06, Scott M Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We should by synching on a release version of jbossweb in the future. It
> makes little sense to me to have jbossweb as a standalone web container
> and not bundle it in the AS. I talked to Mladen about breaking up the
> existing jbossweb project to move its duplicated deployer code into the
> AS project.

The deployer code is the same in JBoss Web 1.0 as JBoss AS 4.0.4, and
is not duplicated: the service JAR is copied from the JBoss AS
distribution.

It may be difficult to continue using a regular Tomcat in the future,
in which case, as I did for the first JBoss Web (and as Bill did - I
integrated his annotations fixes now, BTW), it is possible to fork a
Tomcat tree and maintain it. I'm trying to keep things manageable in
Tomcat, but things are a bit complicated sometimes, there are many
people involved with many different needs ;-)

Rémy