Hello,

JBossAS-4.0.5.CR1 is scheduled for release on the 21st of August. We
really want to keep this release minimal, driven by the most important
user/customer needs, since we have higher priorities (i.e. JB5).

The list of pending JIRA issues is quite long at this point (138, due to
overflow from the previous 4.0.4 release) but we'll shamelessly reduce
it by deferring stuff until we get to a manageable set that can be
implemented within the next 4 weeks, in parallel to whatever else you
do.

August 4th will be the *LAST* day for any new feature/bug fix, after
that it's integration/test tasks only. Please, try to make it for the
target date, we simply can't afford the cost of introducing last minutes
changes (and it has happened quite a few times before).

If there are dependencies we should be aware of (your project A, depends
on project B, that needs unfinished project X), make it clear in JIRA.
If there are other issues (technical or otherwise) make them known
early.

So the action points:

1) Developers/Leads - Browse the JBossAS-4.0.5.CR1 tasks, decide what
can be solved by Aug/4th, reject or defer everything else to 4.0.6.CR1:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS

2) Support - Help us define priorities. Raise priorities (Critical) to
the issues that *MUST* make it for the release. Create issues, if there
is something missing.

Cheers
/Dimitris

--