jaijiran,
sorry to bother you again.

Now as I have said, I have no problems building the extra trace level, but when
I call mylogger.trace() method, it is not showing up in the console and in the
file.

I have log4j.xml
which I have modified :

       <!-- start of what I have actually added -->
       <level value="trace#com.myapp.services.logging.MyExtraLevel"        <!--
end of what I have actually added -->

Thanks again for your help
      <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE" />
      <appender-ref ref="FILE" />