Sumeru Saha [https://community.jboss.org/people/sumerus] created the discussion

"Re: Exception Handling in jBPM"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/831135#831135

Hi Maceij,

We're trying to perform some exception handling in our process. What we have is
Script Task 1, Use Task1, ScriptTask2, ScriptTask3 (in order) ... in
ScriptTask1 i'm setting a process variable (say, someVar) to some value before
landing into the UserTask1. I can see the process variable value refelected in
the portal screen. In Script Task2, i'm again setting variable to a different
value and finally in ScriptTask3 a java.lang.NPE is thrown. What we observe is
that the value of the someVar still has the first value which was set in
ScriptTask1 and the value set in ScriptTask2 is rolled back (which is a desired
behavior on exception). But the problem is that now the instance is stuck at
the ScriptTask3. How do I route this instance into an exception flow or an
alternate so that some corrective step can be taken either manually  or
systematically and the instance can be salvaged.

Please help with ur valuable suggestion.

Thanks
Sumeru
---
https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-831135-21257/ExceptionProcess.jpg