> I'm using postgresql quite successfully.

That's good to know. I was actually checking out version 7.0.3 this evening.

> > Yesterday, I was experiencing a strange issue where if I had an isql
shell
> > open in one window, my CMP transactions would hang in JBoss. If I ran a
> > "commit;" in my isql window, JBoss would come back to life. This was
after
> > simply doing a SELECT in the isql window--no changes were made to data
at
> > all.
>
> Depending on what the database thinks its isolation levels
> should be, that might not be so unusual.

Well, combined with the database corruption I experienced, it made me
uncomfortable. I do a lot of EJB development using WebLogic with Oracle8i
and I've not witnessed that kind of behavior in that environment.

> It will always get bound at java:/InterbaseDS, the trick is in putting
> the right magic in jboss.xml to get it mapped over where you want it.
>
> Someone posted a recipe earlier today. Have you seen this?

Unfortunately I've not seen it.

Okay, that makes sense about the binding. I'll look in the archive and see
if it's there.

Thanks,
Michael