Hi,

I'm developing a J2EE application with JBoss and Tomcat

I have a problem with authentication using the DataBaseServerLoginModule on SQLServer
under the JNDI name SQLServerPool

I have created the tables:

PRINCIPALS :
principalid varchar(64),
password varchar(64),
primary key(principalid)

with the row ('guest','guest')
and the row ('vincini','vincini')

ROLES :
principalid varchar(64),
role varchar(64),
rolegroup varchar(64),
primary key (principalid),
foreign key (principalid) references PRINCIPALS

with the row ('guest','studente','studente')
and the row ('vincini','docente','docente')

I have put the following jboss-web.xml in the WEB-INF directory:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jboss-web>
     <security-domain>java:/jaas/modulojdbc</security-domain>

</jboss-web>

Then I have inserted these lines in the auth.conf file:

modulojdbc {

   org.jboss.security.auth.spi.DatabaseServerLoginModule required

   dsJndiName="java:/SQLServerPool"

   principalsQuery="SELECT Password FROM PRINCIPALS WHERE principalid=?"

   rolesQuery="SELECT Role, RoleGroup FROM ROLES WHERE principalid=?";

};

Finally I have these lines in the web.xml file:

  <security-constraint>
      <web-resource-collection>

         <url-pattern>/page.jsp</url-pattern>

         <http-method>DELETE</http-method>
         <http-method>GET</http-method>
         <http-method>POST</http-method>
         <http-method>PUT</http-method>

      </web-resource-collection>

      <auth-constraint>
         <role-name>docente</role-name>
      </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>

So the problem is that the server executes the authentication correctly 'cause I
got the message:
[Default] User 'vincini' authenticated.

but it seems it can't recognize the user role 'cause I got a 403 error.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.