At 05:26 PM 7/15/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi everyone
>
>Is it possible to run jboss.net plugin with JBoss 3.0.1RC1?
>I walked through intructions on http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~bscharla/soap.html
>and I get such error:
>
>17:09:46,227 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not start deployment:
>file:/opt/jboss-3.0.1RC1/server/default/deploy/jboss-net.sar
>java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo.<init>(Ljava/net/URL;Lorg/jboss/deployment/DeploymentInfo;)V
>         at
> org.jboss.net.axis.server.AxisService.startService(AxisService.java:265)
>         at
> org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:164)
>         at
>         at
>         at
>
>org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
>         at
> org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:491)
>         at
> org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceController.java:950)
>         at $Proxy6.start(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:384)
>         at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
>         at
>         at
>
>org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
>         at
> org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:491)
>         at org.jboss.util.jmx.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:174)
>         at $Proxy3.start(Unknown Source)
>         at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.start(SARDeployer.java:243)
>

>Regards
>
>Conrad

Conrad,

what where you trying to do? The JBoss-3.0.1.RC1 already has the
jboss.net.sar in it, ie it works with Jetty, and should run out of the box
as it were. Or were you trying to get this RC version to work with Tomcat?
If you were trying to get it to work with Tomcat, then it probably won't
and you'll need to download the jboss-tomcat binary from the page above, or
build your own following the instructions from that page.

In any case, give me some more details and I'll see what I can do to help.

Cheers,

Bruce

Dr. Bruce A. Scharlau
Dept. of Computing Science