----- Original Message -----
From: "Hanson, Matthew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 1:14 PM
Subject: RE: [JBoss-user] Run Client Using RMI

>>hey - changed the server jndi.properties from localhost to my machine
IP,
and a client on the _same_ machine can connect with the server using the
ip...  before, i could only connect to localhost.

i still catch the following rmi exception on the hp machine, trying to
call
remotely to the ip of the server win machine:<<

Did you specify sufficient Java security to allow you client to access
this particular remote host?  If this is a test machine, start by
changing your security to AllPermission.  If that works, then change it
back an figure out what specific permissions you need to get this to
work.  I think all you'll need is socket permission, but I'm not sure.