----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Rempel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 3:09 PM
Subject: [JBoss-user] Remote RMI (jndi)

> I am trying to access a ejb remotley though JNDI. It compiles perfect
> and it works when it is on the same machine and I update my
> jndi.properties. When I try and move it to and access it remotley it
> returns null.
>
> jndiContext = new InitialContext();
> ref = jndiContext.lookup("RouteListSessionEJB"); // returns null
>
> When I change jndi.properties to a host w/o JBOSS running it gives a
> connection error on InitialContext(), so that is not the case. Port
1099
> is open.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

You need to show us the output from your execution of the client when
this happens.  Any number of issues could be coming into play.  For
example, do you have the necessary Java permissions to connect to the
remote host?  Show us:

(1) the actual lookup from the source (cut and paste)
(2) your jndi.properties contents when you are trying to connect to the
remote host
(3) the definition of your EJB in your deployment descriptors
(4) the output from your attempted execution of the client when it fails
(5) Also tell us what type of client this is - a simple standalone
command-line Java program?