From: Sonnek, Ryan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 2:28 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [JBoss-user] referencing bean in separate ear

you would think i'd have this down by now, but obviously i don't.  =)  how
can i reference an ejb that is deployed in a separate ear file?  running
jboss 3.0.6 on win2k, here's my application setup:

app1.ear
-app1-common.jar
-app1-ejb.jar
-manifest.mf

app2.ear
-app1-common.jar
-app2-ejb.jar
-manifest.mf

each manifest contains the line Class-Path: ./app1-common.jar
looking at the JNDITree from the jmx console, it shows that app1 ejb is
bound to the java:/ejb namespace, but looking up the ejb using Local or
Remote has continuously failed.  the errors i get are LinkageError or Name
not bound.  can anyone help me out?

Ryan

Ryan J. Sonnek
Brown Printing Company