http://news.com.com/2100-1013-993471.html

"Phipps said Wednesday that making the compliance test available will
make it clear that Sun does not want to intentionally obstruct JBoss
Group's efforts to gain J2EE compliance. However, Phipps said he doubts
that JBoss software will pass the compliance test. Basing his opinion on
public information, he said, JBoss software does not appear to implement
all of the J2EE specification. 'I predict that now that we're calling
their bluff, they will make up another excuse for not doing the tests,'
Phipps said."

I do not believe it was in Sun's long-term interest to use compliance as
a revenue generator so this is a good move. Perhaps he is just having a
bit of fun but Simone Phipps' comments lead me to believe he is less
than ecstatic about this:)