HEAD as of yesterday should be slower as I turned on object copying in getters and setters. When a getter is called we return a copy of the internal value and when you set a value it makes a copy of the passed in value. If you are not using immutable types this can slow you down. Right now I have configuration for all datatypes in the JDK, and I will be adding metadata support so you can configure your types.

-dain