On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 16:40, Magesh Prabhu wrote:

> I could'nt understand this Adrian, I'm using Oracle 8.1.6 database with the
> following datasource configuration:
>
> <datasources>
>   <local-tx-datasource>
>     <jndi-name>OracleDS</jndi-name>
>     <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@193.16.18.126:1521:clipper</connection-url>
>     <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
>     <user-name>test</user-name>
>     <password>test</password>
>
> <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
>   </local-tx-datasource>
> </datasources>
>
> Could you please give more explanation on your comment.. Should my jdbc driver
> support this prepare() method....  My transaction is all Container managed and I run
> on Commit Option 'B'

You need the xa datasource for prepare()

> >> 2)  WARN  [WrappedConnection] Closing a statement you left open,
> >please do your own housekeeping
> >>

> >You are not closing a statement. Closing a pooled connection
> >just returns the connection to the pool.

> In all my Entity Beans, I have this following code to clean up the resources they
> use and I've double checked all my beans so that they dont leave any connections
> open.
>
> private void releaseResources(ResultSet rs, Statement stmt, Connection conn) {
>    if (rs != null) {
>        try {
>            rs.close();
>        } catch (SQLException e) {
>            log.fatal(e);
>        }
>    }
>
>    if (stmt != null) {
>        try {
>            stmt.close();
>        } catch (SQLException e) {
>            log.fatal(e);
>        }
>    }
>
>    if (conn != null) {
>        try {
>            conn.close();
>        } catch (SQLException e) {
>            log.fatal(e);
>        }
>    }
> }

JBoss disagrees with you.

Maybe you have:

Statement stmt = conn.prepareStatement(...);
stmt = conn.prepareStatement(...);
releaseResources(rs, stmt, conn);

The first statement won't be closed.

Or maybe your releaseResources is not in a finally block.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock