On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 23:01, julien viet wrote:
> The started field could be added as an attribute on the
> ServerImplMBean mbean.
>
> Actually there is no way to know,
> though it is possible to know when the server starts because it sends a JMX
> notification at this moment.

> MR> Since my web server and all other services start prior to JBoss, I want
> to MR> provide a notification to user through the web UI, saying that the
> services MR> are starting, if the user tries to access the application
> before the App. MR> server is up.
>

> MR> What I wanted to know is, is there any API exposed from which we can
> know MR> about the JBoss server startup. So I can access this API at
> regular MR> intervals from UI, and re-direct the URL once the JBoss start
> has completed MR> successfully.

Although I haven't tried this yet myself, I believe that you can create a
simple servlet packaged in a war that is configured to be run on startup.
Since the wars are (generally) loaded last you could use this servlet to do
what you need.

There was a message about this on the list a while back, have a look at the
archives.

brian wallis...