Hi all,

I though I'd had this sorted before, but it doesn't seem to work now.

I've put one copy of jboss-3.2.1 in one location of a solaris server, say /local/jboss-3.2.1 this has everything BUT the server directory itself. It has full r+w+x permissions.
The server/default directory is under /home/userx/server/default.

I used to be able to start such a server from the jboss-3.2.1/bin directory with a run.sh -c /home/userx/server/default command and simultaneously, someone else could
run the server with run.sh -c /home/usery/server/default.

Now, when I do it I get errors because the server can't find or open jboss-service.xml.
This also works with windows when you use run -c ..\..\..\..server\default.

The only catch of course is to ensure that people don't use each other's ports.
My goal is to set this up so that anyone can come and use the install of jboss without having to set up the port bindings in advance, as most of the time it will work ok as there are only a few of us who use jboss regularly. The benefit comes in when it's used in classes and we then hand out the 'server' part to students and most of the heavy stuff doesn't need to sit in their directories and use up their workspace.

Any clues and suggestions appreciated.

cheers,

Bruce

Dr. Bruce Scharlau