Title: RE: [JBoss-user] JMS: JBoss to Weblogic messaging

Actually, in the latest MQSeries (WebSphere MQ 5.3.0.2 with CSD03 - also called WebSphere MQ 5.3.0.3 - and the WebSphere MQ Extended Transactional Clients - which requires CSD03) you have the support fro XAConnectionFactory and through regular TCP/IP connection (in previous version, you also had it, I think, but only through the "binding" mode of MQ - shared memory - forcing you to have the queue manager on the same machine as JBoss and a whole lot of MQ dlls in the JBoss path).

I do not know if the issue I had was related to the deadlock you mention or not, but here is the answer I get through the JBoss mailing list (from [EMAIL PROTECTED]):

Hi Thomas,

I have done the Websphere MQ integration with jboss in the past and ran
into the same issues.  It's not you and it's not jboss.  The JMS ASF
spec is a little weak in describing who/how the inbound XA transaction
gets started.

The only way JBossMQ was able to implement the ASF spec was by starting
the transaction without an associated XID.  Once the message gets
delivered to the container, JBossMQ allows the container to associate an
XID with the session.  The session then assigns the XID to the TX that
delivered the message.  JBossMQ had to kind of jump through hoops to get
this to work.

It would have been much easier to allow JBossMQ to assign an XID to the
transaction to begin with.  WebSphere MQ might be trying to do something
like that.  But since it's not in the JMS ASF spec, IBM would need to
tell us what MQ is expecting (outside the spec) to get the asynch
message delivery to work.

Other ways to skin this cat:
- Don't use the current MDB container invoker (which uses the ASF to do
asynch message delivery).  Write a new MDB container invoker that does
synchronous Receiver.receive() calls to get messages.  The problem with
this approach is that you need to start a JTA TX before you do the
receive() and our current TM will timeout the TXs that take too long. A
solution my be to use receiveNoWait() instead.
- Implement a MDB conatiner invoker using the new JCA TX inflow stuff.
I have not had time to look into this yet or if MQ has a JCA resource
adapter but this would be the best solution.

Regards,
Hiram

Thomas Cherel
Development Manager