Hi Adrian,

thanks for that I got over the JMSSecurityException: Connection not authorized error. I got another problem now.

I was under the impression that a publish(msg, DeliveryMode.PERSISTENT, 3, 0) meant that the JMS provider would keep the message until the message was subscribed to successfully. I have a durable subsrciber, and what I am trying to get to work is to be able publish messages and make sure they are delivered, even if the subscriber falls over. ie, if the consumer client dies (ie is not running) then I was hoping that upon (re)start up it would collect all messages that had not been received. But it doesn't seem to work.

These are the steps I carry out:

1. start my consumer (durable subscriber). As no messages have yet been published, it just terminates and exits. I am under the impression that it should at this point register with the provider that it is a durable subsriber under its subscriptions name createDurableSubscriber(testTopic, "testSub")

2. I launch my publisher, which runs fine and publishes 5 persistent non-expiring msgs (I see in the JMX console the DurableMessageCount going up).

3. I relaunch my consumer code in the hope that it will pick up the 5 msgs published and, from my understanding, stored by the provider. But no msgs appear.

Am I doing something wrong, or is my logic completly flawed?

hints would be gratefully welcomed.

Vrata

Adrian Brock wrote:

The user you login as (configured in jbossmq-state.xml)
must be in a role that has "create" authority on the topic.

Regards,
Adrian

. . . . . . . . . tel:+34.918.131.331