Brian Wallis wrote:
I need to store and retrieve some application preference data, both on a per logged in user (web interface) and system basis. The java.util.prefs.Preferences interface seems to provide what I need, but not quite. What I need is a "jboss" version that - Stores the preferences within the jboss server directory tree (a "prefs"
directory next to log, deploy, conf, ...)
- Uses the callers security context to get the current user name (principal) rather than the property user.name as java.util.prefs.FileSystemPreferences
does.

Is there anything like this for use in jboss or are other suggestions for easy storage/retrival of preference values?

Have you looked at JConfig? You can use that to serialize arbitrary configuration values to any datastore you like - XML file, database, etc.

thanks, brian...

Guy Rouillier