It was indeed. You saved my day, Bill! Thanks for that. I guess I should
better know my Windows ;)

Bernie

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Bill Burke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2003 17:57
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: [JBoss-user] Connect exception in LAN when network cord is
pu lled

Could it be a Windows MediaSense problem?

Windows 2000 and above has a “feature” called auto-sensing: if you
unplug your network cable from your NIC, all associated IP addresses are
removed from the routing table! Not good!
You can disable this behaviour:
Launch regedit
Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\

Services\Tcpip\Parameters
Add a REG_DWORD key called DisableDHCPMediaSense
Set its value to 1
Restart Windows

You must have a static IP address (No DHCP)

Scott M Stark wrote:

> Telneting to localhost should work, but the exception shows the
> 158.234.148.187 address. Telneting to that address without the cable
> will show the same problem.
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Scott Stark
> Chief Technology Officer
> JBoss Group, LLC
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Meyer-Willner, Bernhard wrote:
>
>> Telnetting localhost on our JNDI port works indeed. On a forum thread
>> I saw
>> suggestions like adding an entry to the hosts file on Unix or Windows
>> and/or
>> adding the -Djava.rmi.server.hostname paramter to run.bat/run.sh.
>> Tried it
>> all and didn't help. Is there anything else one could do?

================
Bill Burke
Chief Architect
JBoss Group LLC.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s)
only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject
to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any
other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this
e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.

LogicaCMG global sponsors, Gartner Symposium, Cannes, 4th -7th November 2003

http://symposium.gartner.com/story.php.id.3323.s.5.html

Please note that LogicaCMG does not have control over content from,or availability of,
this website