On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 11:06, Horia Muntean wrote:
>   Hi
>
> I am using JBoss-2.4.9 with file PM set up for JBossMQ. This release has
> a bug (solved partially in 3.2.x series) in the JBossMQ code: if a queue
> client (in another VM) connected to the server over OIL goes down (due
> to a network crash for example) and then is brought up again, it will
> lose a message. The message is still in the persistent directory but
> never gets consumed.

In what way will it lose a message? All unacknowledged messages
are nacked back into the destination if the client fails -
this assumes the server can detect the client failure.
3.2.2 final will include a ReadTimeout attribute for
OIL to help with this, it has been present on UIL2 for a while.

Somebody at the Amsterdam bootcamp gave me the idea to expose the
ClientConsumers as MBeans so you can explicity disconnect clients
or their individual subscriptions.
This won't make it into 3.2.2 final :-(

> I wold like to know if I can read this message (stored in a file) with
> another application in order to take appropiate business actions in case
> of delivery failure.

I would like to know under what circumstances you can detect the
client has disappeared when jbossmq does not. Then it can be fixed.

Regards,
Adrian

> Regards,
> horia