-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott M
Stark
Sent: 25 November 2003 00:36
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JBoss-user] Setting up Stores on JBoss

It looks correct and consistent with the 3.2.x admin devel guide
section on the subject.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott Stark

Brian McSweeney wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I run a web application packaged as an ear on JBoss-3.2.2.
>
> I want to create stores on my website. This is standard webapp stuff.
> Let me give an example.
>
> Imagine I run Ebay. A new person signs up, as a seller from a company
> named BrianCorp.
>
> Ebay allows them to run a store on:
>
> http://briancorp.ebay.com <http://briancorp.ebay.com/>
>
> Now, I want to do this for my site too. Here's my knowledge so far.
>
> I think this is about virtual hosts. For each store I want to open, I
> have to add a new virtual host. Here's what I was thinking of doing:
> Add a virtual host for each new store.
>
> To do this I must edit my jboss-web.xml file in the EAR and the

\server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat41.sar\META-INF\jboss-service.xml
> file for tomcat.
>
> To jboss-web.xml I must add:
>
> <context-root>/somedynamicpath</context-root>
> <*virtual*-*host*>briancorp.mysite.com</*virtual*-*host*>
>
> To jboss-service.xml
>
> <*Host* name="briancorp.mysite.com">
> <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
> prefix="xyz" directory="${jboss.server.home.dir}/log"/>
> </*Host*>
> </Engine>
>
> I've taken this from a forum post:

http://www.jboss.org/thread.jsp?forum=61&thread=37290&message=3795107&q=