I know this is an old topic, but I think I found what the problem was.

I'm using Postgres and have till now used jboss 3.2.3, I tryed to move to 3.2.4
and 3.2.5 (wrote on a topic, but Adrian came with the faq message), but got the
same error as written about here. Now I have tryed on 3.2.6 and ofcourse got
the same error. I looked around the on the site, without success, and then I
took a look... there was a new file in the deploy/jms folder
"hsqldb-jdbc-state-service.xml".  I renamed it to
"postgres-jdbc-state-service.xml" and all my problems went away.

I'm writing this so other with the same problem can get some help, maybe
someone will write a little hint in the faq?

Regards,
Martin

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3854610#3854610