Paul Kinnucan wrote:

> At 10:33 PM 6/6/2001 -0700, Ben Wing wrote:
>
> >Paul Kinnucan wrote:

> > > I set directory-path-sep to ?/ in my .emacs file for the rare times I use
> > > XEmacs (for testing JDE compatibility).This eliminates the need for
> > > quoting. Note that the default separator under NT/Emacs is forward slash.
> >
> >is this change required for jde to work in xemacs?
>
> Presently yes, but not in the next release.
>
> >i certainly hope not.
>
> Why?

a package that requires a non-standard setting of an application is not a
well-behaved package.

i'm glad you've fixed jde to work with either directory-path-sep, and hopefully
we can work together to get the new version in xemacs.

--
ben

I'm sometimes slow in getting around to reading my mail, so if you
want to reach me faster, call 520-661-6661.

See http://www.666.com/ben/chronic-pain/ for the hell I've been
through.