I like the auto-expansion of 'if', 'for', 'while', etc... blocks, but one
thing I find annoying is the insertion of a space within the condition test
or loop definition. For example, I type 'if<space>' and JDE expands it to:

  if ( ) {
  }

It places my cursor right on the right parenthesis on the first line.
However, there is an extra space. The same thing happens with 'for' and
'while' blocks. I can't seem to get rid of that first space in the
parenthesis. I think JDE is capturing the space I type and inserting it. If
I type 'if(' I get:

  if (() {
  }

Note that there is no space after the first left parenthesis. My cursor gets
placed on the right parenthesis on the first line. Is there any way I can
get JDE to not insert the space within the parenthesis? Alternatively, maybe
there is a way to have JDE send a backspace immediately after expanding the
block?