From: Graham Ritchie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 24 January 2003 00:47
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: a little problem

Hi all,

I am a bit of an emacs, and more specifically a jde, newbie. I am currently
trying to set up the jde just how I like it, and despite trawling through
the documentation and generally fiddling about I can't resolve one annoying
problem.

I code using the following bracket style:

class MyClass
{
        public void myMethod()
        {
                for (int i=1;i<MAX;i++)
                {
                        doStuff();
                }
        }
}

and setting the K&R variable thingummy makes the auto-indent work perfectly
except for the conditional statements, when it produces the following:

for (int i=1;i<MAX;i++)
        {
                doStuff();
        }

and I can't work out how to make it do it the way I like it.

Any suggestions very much appreciated, thanks in advance (and in general for
the jde, a very cool feature!)

Cheers,
Graham

p.s. apologies if you get this twice - my mailer is being temperamental