Le Wang writes:
 > Hi all,
 >
 > I have some questions about managing imports in JDEE.
 >
 > 1. I see that there is a very nice `jde-import-organize' and
 > `jde-import-collapse-imports' functions.  But what if I want to expand an
 > import of java.util.* to only classes that I'm using?
 >
 > 2. In WSAD, when I organize imports, it wants to expand the imports, while
 > JDE offers functions (that I can find) that gear itself to collapsing
 > imports.  Why?

Because nobody has ever felt enough of a need to develop a command
to expand a package-level import statement.

Personally I always import by class rather than package. If I need
to update a file that has package imports, I delete the package
imports, compile the file, then use the compile buffer error messages
to jump to the first unimported symbol, type C-c C-v C-z to import it
jump to the next unimported symbol, C-c C-v C-z, to import it and
so on.

People have suggested adding a command to import all class symbols
in a file that are not already imported. I think this is a good
idea but have never felt sufficiently motivated to write it, nor
has anyone else so far as I know.

- Paul