Lord, David - CSG writes:
 > Hi Paul
 >
 > I've been using jdb on JBoss (I tried JDEbug but it was too slow) and it
 > works great.  The only niggle I would have is with useability.  I find it
 > easier to type commands at the console than using the rather convoluted
 > control key sequences, but every time the source file changes it loads in
 > the same window as the console, thus hiding it.

Have you tried customizing the keys via jde-jdb-key-bindings. The
"convoluted" control sequences are forced as defaults upon
the JDEE by Emacs conventions intended to prevent conflicts
among Emacs packages. That doesn't mean that individual
users can'd define keys anyway they like. For example, I
assign function keys to the most common Jdb commands. In the
future, I plan to provide single-letter key bindings for
the commands.

- Paul