Raul Acevedo writes:
 > I haven't debugged with JDE in a while, so I don't know if this is a new
 > bug with the latest JDEE beta.
 >
 > Every time I display an expression with jdb, the debugger exits.  Is
 > this a known issue?  It will display the expression just fine, and then
 > exit with "Comint exited abnormally with code 129".

No this is a problem with Comint on some combinations of Emacs and the
host operating system. I believe it may have something to do with how
comint handles standard error input from an external process, e.g.,
jdb. It's my impression that recent versions of Emacs or Linux have
developed an incompatibility in this area. I cannot fix this problem
without the active assistance of those who are experiencing it as I do
not experience the problem on the versions of Emacs, Windows XP, and
Linux that I use.

Paul