Karr, David writes:
 > Nope, that didn't help.  I first tried just renaming the "semantic"
 > directory in the xemacs tree, which didn't help, so then I tried
 > specifically uninstalling that package from the Xemacs installer, and
 > that also didn't help.  It still inserts the imports at the top of the
 > file.

David,

Does the Classes menu appear in the Java source buffer into which you
are trying to import classes. If so, does this message correctly
display the variables and methods of the classes in that buffer?

Does the senator menu?

Also please post a complete problem report so that we don't have to
guess what your setup is.

Paul