But I'm curious as to what kind of a project structure would
make regular expressions in source paths useful.

Well, perhaps it is not. My problem is that I have ceveral projects that I want to keep separate, but also be able to collect them in one place and compile them all. The reason is that they have two kinds of developers: one like me that are engaged in all/most of them and one type that only looks at a particular project.

One way would be to merge the src-trees, but I thought (for CVS-reasons mainly) that it would be better to keep the src-trees as they look in when distributed separately.

I can do this with my ant-script, so it works fine on the "build-level". And also generate jar-archives etc.

But then I thougth that it would be nice to have a common prj.el for the "all-projects-developer" so that you can work in paralell on many projects, such as if they were one.

I agree with you that it is perhaps not the most effecient way to do it by kleene-star...but in my case I don't think it matters so much. Typical number of present projects during development is max 5-7 I would think.

Thanks for the respons.

Lars