It's not clear to me what you want. However, perhaps the
answer to your question lies somewhere in the following
explanation of the JDEE usage model.

The usage model on which the JDEE is based is that all
commands operate on either the current source file, the
current application, or the current project, depending
on the command. The JDEE defines the current source file
as the source file displayed in the current buffer and
the current application or project as the application
or project that owns the source file displayed in the
current buffer.

Thus, for example, if you want to run the current
application, you select the JDE->Run App command from the
Emacs menubar. To run the application, this command needs to
know the source file that contains the application's main
method. This may or may not be the source file in the
current buffer.  Therefore, the JDEE provides the variable
jde-run-application-class to allow you to specify the source
file that contains the main method for the current
application. If this variable is set, the JDEE runs the vm on
the specified class. Otherwise, it assumes that the current
source file contains the main method and runs the vm on the
source file in the current buffer.

The question arises: in which directory does the application
start. The application starts in the working directory of
the process that launched it, which, in this case, is Emacs.
By default the Emacs working directory is the directory
containing the file displayed in the current buffer. Thus by
default applications launched by the JDEE, i.e., Emacs,
start in the directory of the current source file. However,
the JDEE provides you with a means to specify a working
directory for a project, i.e., the jde-run-working-directory
variable. If you set this variable, the JDEE switches the
Emacs working directory to the specified directory before
launching the application.

Paul