Nicolas Guillaud <n-guillaud <at> innopsys.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I recently upgrade my system from Mandrake 10 to Mandrake 10.1. Jde and
> bsh worked on Mandrake 10 and now Jde works but when i try to interprete
> something (e.g in order to import something), i have the following error :
>
> Beanshell expression evaluation error.
>    Expression: jde.util.JdeUtilities.getQualifiedName("JTextField");
>    Error: // Error: EvalError: Class or variable not found:
> jde.util.JdeUtilities : at Line: 2 : in file: <unknown file> : jde .util
> .JdeUtilities .getQualifiedName ( "JTextField" )
>   [2 times]
> bsh: Beanshell eval error. See messages buffer for details.
>
> Could you help me.
>
> thanks.
> Nic

I've had a similar error on Debian systems:

Beanshell expression evaluation error.
  Expression: jde.util.JdeUtilities.classExists("statusTable");
  Error: // Error: EvalError: Class or variable not found: jde.util.JdeUtilities
: at Line: 3 : in file: <unknown file> : jde .util .JdeUtilities .classExists (
"statusTable" )
 [2 times]

I was once able to get code completion to work by setting the CLASSPATH variable
to ".:/usr/share/java/jde.jar" and restarting Emacs, but then that stopped
working, too.  I have no idea how to fix this.

My experience is that JDEE is pretty flaky on Debian stable and testing.
I recommend having a look at Eclipse if you haven't done so already.

Cheers,
Glenn

  • bsh error Nicolas Guillaud
    • Re: bsh error Glenn Murray