Allyn Dimock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Speedbar problem is a bit more subtle than documented:
> Despite setting up load-path so that all of JDE and associated
> packages appeared earlier in path than /usr/emacs/21.3/.../speeedbar.elc
> still got back trace on JDE->Browse->Source Files, until I changed
> name of /usr/emacs/21.3/.../speeedbar.elc.

This is normally because speedbar has already been loaded before you
change load-path.

You can say (when (featurep 'speedbar) (error "Speedbar loaded too
early")) just prior to modifying load-path to catch this problem.
Emacs will then produce an error message if speedbar has been loaded
too early.

Kai