At 10:06 PM 9/15/2005, John wrote:

Hi,

I recently installed JDEE 2.3.5 in a GNU Emacs 21.3 environment running on
Windows XP Pro. I'm using Java J2SE 1.5.0_04. The debugger works fine,
however, I can't seem to view static variables. Am I missing something obvious
or does JDEbug not work with static variables. Thanks in advance.

JDEbug shows static variables inside objects that are local variables (including this). Inside a static method, it won't show the static variables for the class. I'm not aware of a method to display static variables from other classes (e.g., BorderLayout.CENTER) unless you have an instance of that class.

Troy

Regards,
John

Troy Daniels