> Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 19:59:39 -0700> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> jdev@jabber.org> Subject: [jdev] Any Clients Supporting XEP-0080 User
> Location ?> > > Are there any clients that support XEP-0080 ? Any interesting
> mashups> of note ?>
Yes, imov Messenger does and has used XEP-0080 using pubsub (not PEP) for a
couple of years now. There is a mashup here
http://locator.movsoftware.com/locator with a thousand or so active users
sharing their location using the mobile client. A sample user track is here:
http://locator.movsoftware.com/locator/priv/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

BTW, we did share location using <presence> initially but the problem there is
that the location info is always sent, whether or not the receiving client
supports (or wants it) it or not. I think most servers support pubsub now.